Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Randomness in Chennai (and a bit of Bangalore)

Admittedly, I'm overdue on posting, I know. Safe to say it's been a bit busy. Currently in between projects at Eureka, I've done some meandering around Chennai, taken a spur-of-the-moment road trip to Bangalore with friends, and a few things in between. Plenty of chai and coffee, dosas and chutneys, mutton (read: goat, in this case) biryani, and some shwarma here and there. Oh, eesh, and at one point, goat brain and sparrow. They truly shouldn't have told me it was goat brain *before* my trying it, though I do think I should get extra points for still trying it. Props on the spicing, but the texture was just... bah. The sparrow was entirely safe and tasty, though I felt about as guilty as I did the first time I tried lamb. 


In any case, the photos. Scenes around Chennai and a late night stop for biryani en route to Bangalore, etc. Ah, and a recent front page of the Chennai edition of The Hindu, attempting one of the things I most hate to see: numbering and ranking intelligence. A topic for another day.




On the lighter side of this weekend, have to say, I found myself pulling up to a huge beach house turned private Tamil club and after-party, complete with DJs, dance floor, fog machine, and private bar. Chennai closes at 11 only for those who don't know where to go next - and my DJ friend knew where to go. I watched in awe and amazement; absolutely blew my mind. It was like a cultural treasure-trove in the midst of an otherwise notoriously conservative society.... Don't worry, Mom, I was too busy gawking at the underworld Tamil party scene to get into any trouble. Don't worry about the non-mehndi-ed hand, either; I just lacked grace one morning getting off the bus. Things happen. :P 


 

2 comments:

  1. Kpn Travels offer both offline and online bus ticket booking facilities. Reserving a journey with this bus travel operator is just a simple task where you can shun off various unpleasant hassles that are generally found while booking tickets. KPN Travels buses run throughout various places of Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu and many more place of India. Book Your Ticket Through TicketGoose.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diwakar Travels online bus ticket booking | Frequent travelers always rely on TicketGoose to book their Bus Ticket to travel using the services of Diwakar Travels. The easy of use of the website attracts hundreds of customers each day toTicketGoose.com, Online Bus Booking is now with simple procedure.

    ReplyDelete